Why I do not care for gyms…

So, I was planning on writing out this blog post about a month or so ago, but literally have just now found the time to do so. Here goes….

                                           

Comments

  1. Love this, Grace. Agreed fully. You won’t ever catch me at a gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a lot of truth in this. I don’t see the need for a gym either. I mean, just work harder people. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a gym in my life or had any interest whatsoever in going to one. I have even less interest now - if that's possible. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent feedback, you guys! Loved the comments! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like them for all the reasons you listed too. I also find it embarrassing to exercise in front of other people (unless it's something casual like walking). There's lots of things that can be done at home even without equipment.
    When I had a farm, I certainly felt like I was exercising.
    It also irks me when I have christian friends on fb etc posting pics "showing off" at the gym. 😒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can’t imagine just having chickens would feel like a lot of exercise! But yeah, that’s why I’m saying that going to the gym is the last thing on my mind when you work 12 + hours all day long in the country! Lately here, we’ve been removing massive stumps with our truck, and cutting up huge trees/ moving them around, and really getting down to business on our projects/ organization. It’s been a lot of hard labor, but it’s awesome! That extremely sore feeling at the end of the day is great!

      Delete
  6. Yes! I must agree with this post, Grace! Obviously not everyone is at a gym with bad intentions, because WE were holy and pure (witnessing and reading our Bibles in the treadmill! Haha). But most just want opposite sex approval, attention, and admiration. And? Fornication on steroids! I also HATE the gym atmosphere!
    Country guys throwing hay bales all day beat stupid “poser” city slicks any day! For real.
    BUT: I must say: there is NO excuse for being lazy! If there’s anything I hate it’s laziness. People with zero discipline, and people who enjoy doing nothing are nasty. You better be doing Something! Christians should exemplify strict discipline and endurance and self control. Period.
    (Yeah, the ballet dancer is on a rant! Haha)
    Great post! 🩵🩵🩵

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input means a lot! 🙂

Popular Posts